Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just go to sleep

Alright, sorry about the lack of posting. You know how exams are... and then I had to move. Try to move as little as possible, it's not fun.

I think I'm going to reduce the posting frequency to a weekly basis for a month or so. I'll be starting an MCAT course on the 19th of May so that should give me something to talk about. We'll see what happens.

On to the post:

I've been noticing more and more people attempting to pull all-nighters in an attempt to desperately cram more information in their heads the night before an exam. I've even seen some highschool students do this. That's just craziness.

There is a point when we should all probably just stop studying and just get some sleep. I say this for two big reasons:

1) When you are really tired, you are probably not learning very effectively - if at all. This means that you are just wasting your time, and losing sleep. Along with this, there's the fact that you will be tired during the exam which will slow your thinking and will cost you marks on the exam.

2) In the end, is it really worth it to kill yourself for school? If your answer is 'Yes', then maybe you should reassess your priorities. I will be the first to say that school and learning are very important things; however, it is not worth dying over.

I'm going to say this even though no one likes hearing it: You should probably work harder a bit earlier to avoid this sort of situation. I know, I know. The XBOX 360 is a sweet system, the summer is really beautiful, Scrubs is a really good show. But the summer and XBOX 360 will still be around after your tests, and you can just record those TV shows.

Oh and as a little sidenote: If you stay up until 4 and try to wake up for 7 to prepare for your exam. You should just stay up or get a friend to wake you up. Because you may just end up sleeping through your exam. I won't name names, but let's say I know a person who did this really recently. Let's say I know them really really well...

The point is: All-nighters aren't worth it.

If you disagree with me and find that all-nighters are awesome, feel free to comment or email me, I'd love to hear from you.



If you enjoyed this post, maybe you'll enjoy the others. Please bookmark this page (Ctrl-D) or check out the archive/categories to the right. Better yet, tell a friend!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

joshy! i miss you!!!
do you mean to say that you know the person who missed their exam in the biblical sense? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home