Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tips for Students from Steve Pavlina

A couple weeks ago I emailed Steve Pavlina about posting an article about tips for college students. I'd like to say he created one just because I emailed him, but he said that it was already on his "to write" list.

His 10 Tips for College Students post tackles general and specific techniques to improve your university/college experience. The most important and first mentioned one being purpose. This is the area that I believe most people struggle with -- myself included.

We would all perform better in finding our purpose for attaining a higher education. This summer I am tackling this problem head on, and I recommend the same for you as well.

His specific time-management and memory techniques are also very interesting and useful. I have actually created a post about pegging - a very useful memory technique that he mentions - and I really love the picture I included with it.

I will try to implement many of his techniques this summer as I am taking an MCAT course and I'll tell you how it goes.

So have at it: 10 Tips for College Students - it's worth the read.



If you enjoyed this post, maybe you'll enjoy the others. Please bookmark this page (Ctrl-D) or check out the archive/categories to the right. Better yet, tell a friend!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am both a student and a (displaced) college administrator who has been perusing blogs relating to higher education. I also started one primarily to elicit feedback from the student perspective as well as the insider perspective. Examining purpose is extremely important for students, as it underlies motivation which underlies success. This question should be explored with entering freshman to help them chart their course. I believe that people involved in the work of higher education do not seek out student opinions frequently enough (one of the reasons I started my blog). I think a more meaningful, ongoing dialogue betweens tudents, faculty, and administrators could help us be more responsive.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger avtarconstant said...

It's really appreciating. You are in right way.

 
At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what you said was actually very reasonable. However, what about this?
suppose you were to write a awesome post title? I am not suggesting your content isn't solid., but what if you added something to maybe get a person's attention?
I mean "Tips for Students from Steve Pavlina"
is kinda vanilla. You might glance at Yahoo's home page and note how they write article headlines to get viewers to click. You might add a related video or a related picture or two to grab people excited about what you've written.
Just my opinion, it might bring your posts a little bit
more interesting.

Also visit my blog; automobile insurance online quote

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added"
checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several
emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

Bless you!

my web site sports car insurance

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous kelly said...

Best site to share articles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home