Thursday, September 28, 2006

The GOL! Club

As usual, my posting frequency has gone down. Once again, I am sorry for the delay. Hopefully an explanation of my doings will show why.

I have just started a club at Queen's University called the GOL! Club (Goal-Oriented Living) and it is taking a surprisingly large amount of my time. In fact, it has its own website. As a result of this preparation, I have not been posting.

However, all is not lost. I have scheduled 2 interviews -- one with a medical student and one with a doctor and professor of "history of medicine" -- and once I have either transcribed them or uploaded them (I will be recording the interviews), you may partake in the sexy, sexy new information. Oh, and I am lining up another interview with a husband and wife physician team: Drs. Fernette and Brock Eide of the Eide Neurolearning Blog. It is quite an interesting site, I must add. I always was a sucker for the nature of knowledge acquision.

Even if you are not planning on pursuing medicine as a career, I have a feeling that you may find the interviews interesting, enlightening and even educational!

Education? From this site? Who would have thunk it?

So in closing: Visit The GOL! Club's website. It's awesome, you may even set some goals!


If you enjoyed these learning tips and motivational strategies, maybe you'll enjoy the other posts. Please bookmark this page (Ctrl-D) or check out the archive/categories to the right. Better yet, tell a friend! (Click the envelope below this.)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you get to interview her?!?!? post! quickly! i can't wait! good choice - she's clearly the best doctors (and the human race in general) have to offer!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Shan said...

Amazing! I didn't know Eide was in Canada! (I assume since you got an interview that they're not flying in)

Good work, Joshua. Good work, Joshua!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Joshua Hwang said...

Jenna: Just breathe. I will be interviewing her on Wednesday (that's what I've planned at least).

Shan: I will actually be conducting a telephone interview with Drs. Eide (that's also the plan as well).

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Shan said...

Ah, phone. Cool stuff. Do you want Ken Jennings? Or the writers of the new Trek movie? Or... or... wait, you just want "successful" people or people who have to say about goal-setting and achieving? Or is there a more specific theme?

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Shan said...

Let me also ask... if it's by phone then are we going to hear the audio or watch video of you using a phone (that might be kinda weird) or just reading a transcript?

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Joshua Hwang said...

It's just going to be audio, video would be pretty weird.

I guess I could show some slides, but that would be distracting and weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home