Sunday, October 15, 2006

"Is medicine right for me?" Interview series - Part 2i

Sorry for the delay. I am just getting my toes wet in waters of midterms. The water is a little cold.
-----------------------

Interview with Dr. Duffin - Part I: Length 12:56 Size: 3.7MB
-- You can right-click and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." to save this to your hard drive. (I recommend this option.)

This is the second part in a series of interviews relating to medicine. The end goal is to provide all of us with a greater understanding of medicine.

I interviewed Dr. Jackie Duffin Ph.D., M.D. just a week or so ago and I have finally gotten around to editing the interviews. Since the interview was roughly an hour long, I have decided to release the interview in six parts.

The first part is about Dr. Duffin's life and how she went from haemotology to Professor of Philosophy of Medicine. Without giving away too much, I will say that she is a tremendously entertaining and interesting woman. I am currently enrolled in her Philosophy of Medicine course; she was highly recommended by her previous students.

Even if you are not interested in medicine, I would recommend listening to this section. She is a fascinating woman with an equally fascinating story; there's no messing around, she just jumps right in.

Outline:
  • Tragedy
  • Studying at the Sorbonne
  • Coming back to Canada
  • Difficulty finding work
  • New Opportunities and A little give & take
Big lesson from this section: We don't always know what life is going to hand us. Even when bad things happen, it isn't the end of the world. Things can work out pretty nicely.

There's actually a lot more in there, but I'm trying to keep things concise.

Interview with Dr. Duffin - Part I: Length 12:56 Size: 3.7MB

If you have anything to add or questions to ask, please comment below. Enjoy!!



If you enjoyed these learning tips and motivational strategies, maybe you'll enjoy the other posts. Please bookmark this page (Ctrl-D) or check out the archive/categories to the right. Better yet, tell a friend! (Click the envelope below this.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the suspense is killing me! keep them coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home